You might be wondering why I started this blog in the very first place. The main reason was to create an archive sort of thing to store all the jokes that I read in Internet. The sources of these jokes vary from simple email, visit to a joke site ... to reading a joke in a forum dealing with something totally different from jokes.
I used to store all my jokes in this one particular folder under different file names. One day I thought of categorizing my jokes collection, which by the way is quite a formidable one. I tried doing it in OneNote, a brilliant note taking software from Microsoft. However I soon found out that one joke can come under several categories. So I figured out that I need something more than this.
The thought of sharing this collection with the world by creating a site with these was lingering at the back of my mind, but what I would have ideally liked to create would require a database running in background with lots of dynamic pages. This was too complicated to implement and moreover it would cost me a lot.
So I chose a middle path. I created a blog. Here I can label the same jokes with different categories and sharing is a lot easier. The only drawback being that everything is arranged by date. But I am quite sure that I will find a way around it sooner or later.
Sunday, 3 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment